Saturday, September 13, 2014

Yellowstone National Park's Front Door

Map

We're at Gardiner, Montana tonight, about 1 mile from the entrance to Yellowstone. The drive from Great Falls was, once again, somewhere between impressive and amazing. Check out these photos:





Missouri River, Lewis and Clark country.

















Note the nylon netting in his horns.


Across the street from the motel.





More trailer park elk
Kate says she's now blase about elk.


Out the back window, below
Pretty nice digs......





We saw mountain sheep and buffalo on the way into town...then, there's the elk who live here in town. Wonder what we'll see tomorrow.....
As I write this, there are some folks from France outside our window on the balcony, oohh and awwwing over the elk below. I don't think they have elk in France.
Cheers........


2 comments:

  1. KATE SAYS: Other wildlife spotted today: Cows, horses, sheep (domestic), and a llama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! That landscape makes me think of wide-shot color westerns. And ha, looks like the elk are pretty blase about you, too, Kate :)

    ReplyDelete

Since I've opened up the blog, I'm going to review comments before I let them go public.