Sunday, September 7, 2014

Mile .75

Map
The title of this entry relates to the fact that we've made it to Dawson Creek, and a sign post outside the motel says that Mile 0 of the Alaskan Highway is 1.2 km away. That's roughly three-quarters of a mile.

The drive today was long (about 260 miles) and slow, due to intermittent to heavy snow almost all the way from Ft. Nelson. Our quarters tonight at the Days Inn in Dawson Creek are large and comfortable. Here are some going-away shots of Toad River Lodge, which was also large and comfortable, but mo' rugged.






These folks like hauling stuff.




Young Moose







Gas in the middle of nowhere...$1.79 per liter.

Snow in Ft. Nelson

Today on the road

Waylon helping pilot.

Earl watching the scenery.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking the map! I'm always going to google maps to check your progress when you post, so that was nice - having one already built-in.
    Funny seeing that 'no sniveling' sign on the pump. Sheesh, I'd have to muffle myself at those prices.
    Snow already! It looks lovely to me, but I'm a cold-weather bird and haven't got to drive in it all day long. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A.) MOOSE! Awesome :) The turkeys are all about crossing the road right now. Sometimes we have to stop both ways for the teenage turkeys still following their mom and dad turkeys. But turkeys are no moose.

    I agree with Molly, I like to see the maps. I check your itinerary sheet and me and Phyllis talk about it when she comes over. Where are they? We review notes. Also I got a compliment on the WW1 snoopy shirt today :)

    Earl looks adorable. PS: snow! Yikes. I would not like to live there.

    ReplyDelete

Since I've opened up the blog, I'm going to review comments before I let them go public.