Saturday, September 20, 2014

Rapid City to Sioux Falls

Map

Wall Drug is an unofficial national landmark about 45 miles east of Rapid City. It's infamous for its signs and bumper stickers that turn up all over the world. Below is a random sampling of the dozens of signs that we saw as we left Rapid and headed east.










I was disappointed in our plans to see a missile control facility east of Rapid. We had erroneous information, and learned that one had to be part of a tour, and the next one we could join wasn't for several hours. So, we just looked around the pathetic little display the National Park Service had set up, and then moved on. Here's more information: Delta LCC

Here's a picture of my office when I was on alert. The panel controlled 10 missiles.


It was an important job, and I did it well. Yes, I am proud of that.




Odd landscape shot around Murdo, S.D.

We ate lunch in Murdo. It was undistinguished.

The car is getting deeper and deeper.


Frog abuse

2 comments:

  1. Oh, no! I was really looking forward to your re-visit at the missile control facility. Still, the pics add immensely to my imagined views of all you've described.

    I love those wild sculptures out and about Murdo. Will have to look into all that.

    The depth of the car load reminds me of George Carlin's thing about 'stuff'. It just breeds incestuously until it dominates frogs, people, and everything else around it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha y'all's car is a mess! Cool missile pics! I'm sorry you missed out on the tour! You should be proud!

    There is no excuse for missing THE REAL General Lee, though. Please tell me you're saving the pictures from that tour for later posting.

    ReplyDelete

Since I've opened up the blog, I'm going to review comments before I let them go public.