Monday, September 8, 2014

On to Prince George


We drove to Mile Zero this morning, then on to Chetwynd, a town of some 3000 souls and host to an annual world-wide chainsaw carving contest.

Mile Zero, which means we've driven all of the AlCan.

The main street of Chetwynd is lined with these sorts of things.





This is the social center of Chetwynd. The whole town was there, it seemed.










Two seasons: Winter and Construction!

We're still in Construction.







After a pleasant mountain drive, we arrived in Prince George, a modern city of 70,000.



We're staying at the downtown Ramada Inn, a surprisingly upscale place. It has a Starbucks, but no complimentary breakfast. Hummmmmmmm.

Cheers




2 comments:

  1. That last photo is especially enticing .. Prince George looks worth investigating as a final resting place! The population sounds close to the entire county in which I now live (if you count all the summer 'residents').

    Hope you guys are living large and enjoying every moment of life; each of your senses flooded with pleasure and taking in the beauty of natural surroundings. There isn't much to collect in life but memories of love and joy - thank you for adding to mine with your travels and notes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG mile zero, Tom Horton's and POUTINE. You are totally getting the Entire Canada Experience this trip.

    ReplyDelete

Since I've opened up the blog, I'm going to review comments before I let them go public.