| This is the entrance to the park. T. Roosevelt spoke here when he dedicated the park about 111 years or so ago. See Arch |
| Damned lazy elk in the shade of the tree. |
| Waylon looks frightened to me. I accused Kate of frog abuse. |
| Still looks scared to me. |
| Kate has taken to taking photos of interesting dress. |
| See! |
| It's hard to be dress code police. |
| VERY loud Chinese young people. Having much fun. |
| Another picnic. Very nice. |
| Look in the shade. |
| Note that the bushes have been fenced to keep the elk away. |
| Looks phallic to me. |
| Mammoth Hot Springs |
| View from our suite. |
Here's some interesting information about Yellowstone National Park: Park
Check in tomorrow............
Very cool. That arch is especially striking and very fitting as an entrance to a national treasure. Your trip has made me appreciate national parks and nature conservancy in general even more than I did before.
ReplyDeleteAlso, Waylon looks scared to me too. The only time he's unscared is sitting by Kate. don't know if he's scared of heights or being eaten by an elk.
Arrrgh, I posted a comment early this morning and thought it disappeared because you were reviewing it. Sadly, it seems to have disappeared 'for reals' :(
ReplyDeleteI was thinking that the elk are as large as water buffalo, and plentiful as cows in the streets of India (though the cows are not considered dangerous, so far as I know).
Poor Waylon! That's flooding therapy - exposing him to his phobia full-on and hoping he'll just 'deal with it' ... a bit like throwing a kid into the deep end of the pool!
What fun, being fashion police! I'd never pass muster, since I tend to dress like my students. When in Rome ... but, truth is, I like the way they dress. :)