Friday, September 12, 2014

Almost Back in the USA

Map
We left the Great Divide Lodge and drove about 10 miles to get to Lake Louise. We saw it about 15 years ago, and it is still as lovely now as it was then. But now, there were more Chinese tourists. We've seen a multitude of those on this trip.
Lake Louise was named for Queen Victoria's fourth daughter. You can learn more here.







This is the official tourist photo of the lake.


These structures are game crossings. There are 23 of them in the park, and they work. See Crossovers.

Sadly we left the mountains behind.

And found these sumptuous digs at a Super 8, if you can believe it.



Tomorrow! Back in the USA!

2 comments:

  1. I'd say that these accommodations are totally SWANKY compared to more recent venues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Lake looks like something out of a fairy tale! Wonderful pictures of you guys and of it! The colors and reflections you got, Kate, are really beautiful. Lake Louise, eh? :)

    ReplyDelete

Since I've opened up the blog, I'm going to review comments before I let them go public.