Friday, September 19, 2014

On to Rapid City




Today's drive, from Sheridan, Wyoming to Rapid City, was pleasant, but unspectacular. There were several "main points". Coal trains, pronghorns, a pipeline in work, and a really big power plant next to a coal mine. Can't find a picture or a link to that.

This is one of the many mile-long coal trains that we passed today.



This is a pipeline in the making that we passed.

1506 Space Avenue, Rapid City, SD. The Gowins manse in the early 70s.
Look at that tree! I planted that tree in 1972.

Ain't it a beauty?

Howard Johnson in Rapid City

Mo' Hojo in Rapid
Next: Across the state to Sioux Falls.


2 comments:

  1. Mo'Hojo, indeed. Next thing, you'll be using texting lingo to post! Quite a manse for the times you had there! Did you stop to carve your initials and 'date of birth' in the tree? I'd have stopped to chat with the current residents- did you? Just curious! You've got to mark your territory, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, wow our house! It looks so much smaller than I remember it! The tree is very nice, and looks like the current residents love it very much. They built a frame around it and everything!

    Ha! I remember juniper bushes on either side of those stairs. WOW, though :) It's cool to see it!

    ReplyDelete

Since I've opened up the blog, I'm going to review comments before I let them go public.