OK, the pictures aren't great. But we had to put some in! You can learn more about the museum at Museum.
Here's a picture of one of my favorite aircraft, the Boeing B-17. Some 12,732 of them were built between 1935 and 1945. About 3500 of those were shot down during the war......that's WW II for those of you under 40....and fewer than a dozen are known to be flying today. The aircraft below is a B-17 F. The G model, the last in the line is very similar but has a chin turret machine gun under the bombardiers Plexiglas nose. For more B-17 history, go to B-17.
Here's a picture of me holding Mark's hand. No, I'm not that way about him, but I had closed the car window on his right hand as we left the museum. It looks as though he's all right, and won't have to sue me.
Here's Mark outside his wine shop, Madrona Wine Merchants, located at 1127 34th Ave in Seattle.
Here's Mark with his business partner Jim. How's that for a free plug, Markie?
After leaving the shop, we went to Mark's home, where he fixed a lovely meal for us, and he and Kate sampled......can you "sample" two bottles?....some of the shop's wines. I was driving.
Tune in again tomorrow for our next exciting adventure.


Haha it sounds like a good time today. The planes are beautiful chrome and Mark's wine shop looks cool. (By the way I tasted three Kentucky wines today, made mostly with Louisville varietals. They weren't bad.) Poor Mark with you shutting his hand in the door! You're lucky he could still fix a meal for you!
ReplyDeleteLove that wine shop (the signs outside are a hoot)! Next time I'm in Seattle, I'll definitely stop by and mention your names. I see a bottle of Bogle on the counter ... one of my favorite sipping wines is Bogle Phantom. Any souvenirs? :)
ReplyDelete