Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The Pace Quickens........

We launch on the 26th, and the trip is expected to take about 60 days. If we miss anything noteworthy, it won't be Kate's fault. She has planned this thing like the Normandy invasion.

Meanwhile, Waylon and Willie showed up early at the rendezvous
 point, lest they be forgotten. I really wonder how I'm going to get all of that stuff into the car. The things on the table are just the miscellaneous.


3 comments:

  1. That's not Willie with Waylon. It's Waylon's little buddy Earl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Earl!! Looks like they are looking forward to loads of travel fun :)
    Don't fret over the table-full of items to pack. My most recent trip was only for three days; I thought, well, this is going to be easy - an overnight bag and one small piece of luggage for clothes. Er, uh ... no. The problem is never being sure what weather or events to pack for on even a short venture! Will they want to go out? Will it be cool in the evening? Will we be taking long walks anywhere? OMG, it gets weird fast! And to think, I really believed I could go back-packing anywhere. Hmmmph! Only if I want to be the odd-one out on anything other than a 'normal day'. I bet the Highlander can deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, Earl. I didn't look closely at the photo. I know it's you.

    ReplyDelete

Since I've opened up the blog, I'm going to review comments before I let them go public.