Thursday, May 19, 2016

Niagara Falls

My bride and I stayed here by the falls, even though it was not our honeymoon...that was about 25 years ago. But, we wanted to see the falls, and this hotel is a good one for that. Although it's toward the high end of the chain's prices, it was a very nice room and we could see the Niagara river from our room. In the morning, after the very interesting breakfast, interesting because of the international crowd there, we walked the few hundred yards to the park overlooking the falls and again enjoyed the international crowd, most of them taking their own pictures with selfi-sticks.


View from our room


Squirrel down by the falls


Another squirrel down by the falls..there were lots of them and they were not afraid of us...or anyone!






That's the "Maid of the Mists"...been doing that for 100 years.










We enjoyed watching folks watch the falls. One thing we noticed about the international crowd was that in other landmark spots, in the past, we've seen large groups of Chinese and Japanese people. This time, what we saw was large groups of people from the Indian subcontinent.....don't know whether that means anything, but it is what we saw.

We left the falls after a nice visit, and headed west and south to Cleveland and then home..........there's not much to say about Cleveland, except that I can see it was once a fine city with a large industrial sector. Today, it looks mostly like one more spot on the Rust Belt. 

Stay tuned for our next exciting adventure.............

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since I've opened up the blog, I'm going to review comments before I let them go public.