Monday, May 2, 2016

Catch Up

Kate and I got home several days ago, and are now on the road again, yes, again, headed to the Berkshires, that legendary vacation spot for Yankee folk.

To recap, gentle reader, the last time we posted something it was many beautiful photos of our adventures in Utah, and if you haven't checked those out, you should. We drove from there to Santa Fe, our current favorite home-away-from home and spent a week trying to catch a good lung-full of air. Santa Fe is at 7000 feet above sea level, and it was sometimes difficult to move around much. But, we survived and enjoyed the wonderful food and the spectacular artworks that abound there. Kate found a treasure (a wooden mudhead doll) and I found a nice print I liked. More about mudheads some other time. We're going back in the fall and I'm sure I'll overload this blog with photos then.

After several days recuperation in Santa Fe, we headed west again, breathing deeply as the elevation fell away. En route, we diverted to Winters, Texas, population 2,800, to visit my mother's sole surviving sibling, Jessie, and her husband, Al. They live south of Abiline, and west of Dallas, among the mesquite and the cactus. We had a lovely afternoon, which included seeing my cousins, Keith and Larry, and Larry's wife, Lisa and her grandson, Jax. After several hours, and more food than we could eat, we headed north to Abilene and then northeast to home.







We got home on Wednesday, dealt with many requirements of life...Kate got her hair cut and I went to see the foot dude...and did laundry and got the car's oil changed. On Sunday, we left again, and tonight, we're in Rochester, NY, where it is cold and rainy. Maybe the weather will be better when we get to the Berkshires........see Here...but I might not be sufficiently sophisticated to enjoy it. We'll see.

Stay tuned..........


No comments:

Post a Comment

Since I've opened up the blog, I'm going to review comments before I let them go public.