Thursday, October 18, 2018

Big News From The Paw Paw Patch

We got a paw paw............I planted two of the trees six or eight years ago, one a pollinator and one a producer. This morning, I found a fruit on the ground, the first one ever. It was under the pollinator tree, which is somewhat the smaller of the two, but there it was. I don't think it is ripe enough to eat, so I'm letting it sit for a day or two. I'll report more later. If, like me, your only experience with paw paws is the childhood thing about picking up paw paws in the paw paw patch, which is what mine was before I decided I wanted the trees, here's more information: Paw Paws.

And a picture is worth a thousand words. Note the penny I put in front of the fruit for scale.


Cheers, and stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since I've opened up the blog, I'm going to review comments before I let them go public.