Saturday, September 15, 2018

Note for Record

Excerpts from a letter to a friend, just so I'll have the info if I want it again.

Let's see, Mark. First off, we're not at Hilton Head this week as plans called for. I cancelled the board of directors' meeting scheduled for the 14th after the county sheriff directed a mandatory evacuation on the 13th. Turns out that the island seems to have dodged a bullet and just got a bit of rain.

I'm walking, but I can't say I enjoy it much. I see the doctor sometime in the next few days and will ask him whether he has any suggestions. I'll bet he just says, "Walk more".

Wyndham:
On Thursday, we mailed the paperwork back to the mothership to get this bailout done. I hope it will be official soon, and when it is, I can again make reservations in the W system. My first ones will be attempts to recover the two for you in Hawaii (I have the dates.). As I said before, if we can't get what  you need, I would be pleased to pay you for the Yellowstone time and refund your wasted airfare. I don't want you to suffer any hardship because of this major shift in our life plan.

Speaking of major shifts in life plans, I had a weird experience last night. I was having a drink(s) with a neighbor on the deck, and when I stood up to go into the house, I couldn't walk. I made it to a support and was able to remain standing, but I had to be helped up the steps and into the house, where I sat unconscious for an hour (maybe I was asleep and not unconscious...I'm not sure.) An hour later, I revived and went upstairs to bed. I'm fine this morning. Now I know what you're thinking, but consider this: I've had lots of experience with drinking, and more than I should have with drinking too much. Last night wasn't that. I really wonder whether I had some sort of small stroke (look up TIA). It rather worries me. I'm going to the medics on Monday to tell them the above story and see what my doctor thinks.

Stay tuned.............
E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since I've opened up the blog, I'm going to review comments before I let them go public.