Here's the Deal.........
I'm really behind on the blog. I may never catch up, but we're having a fine time. What I've done here is to load most of the photos that Kate has taken, and maybe I'll put some words with them. But for now, if you care, you can start here, in New Hampshire, and track us through Maine, up through Nova Scotia and into Newfoundland (which includes Labrador...don't know what the Labradorites think about that)...Anyway, here you go. Good luck, and if any of these photos make an itch in your mind, leave a comment and I'll see whether I can scratch it for you.
Cheers
Eric
 |
| Typical memorial of (Yankee) Civil War soldiers in small New England town |
 |
| The Crossroads Diner in Bethel, Maine (Another view above) |
 |
| Fancy bridge over narrows near Bethel, Maine |
 |
| General scenery. The gadget stuck on the windshield in the left center of the photo is "EZ Pass", which allows to pay highway tolls electronically. |
 |
| Martha's Diner in Ellsworth, Maine |
 |
| First of many shots of Acadia National Park (ANP) |
 |
| One of 18 stone bridges built in Acadia National Park by John D. Rockefeller circa 1915. |
 |
Last shot ANP.
ANP is a beautiful place, and its story is interesting. It grew from a collections of private holdings and state holdings and was eventually incorporated into the park system. Learn more at Park.
|
 |
| In the neighborhood of ANP, providing firewood for the campers is a major cottage industry. It's usually stacked near the road and is handled on the honor system. |
 |
| We saw countless beautiful rhododendrons. |
 |
| After we left the park, we headed north to St. Andrews by the Sea, New Brunswick |
 |
| Lobster trap floats |
 |
| Wild Blueberry Land (I'm not making that up.) Maine and New Brunswick are really impressed with their blueberries. |
 |
| Lupine, a beautiful flower that seems to grow wild everywhere in southern parts of eastern Canada |
 |
| Please note that we have all of our ducks in a row. |
 |
| Waiting for the ferry to take us to Newfoundland. |
 |
| Waylon checking the view from our tiny, tiny cabin.....but we didn't have to sleep sitting up! |
 |
| Off the ferry and headed north. |
 |
| Junk looks the same everywhere. |
 |
| We saw a lot of this. It appears that the soil is often too rocky to set phone poles properly, so they add a box of rocks around them to hold'em down. |
 |
| Bird Rock |
 |
| Those white dots are birds, lots and lots of birds. |
 |
| Another view of the bird rocks |
 |
| Light house near the birds |
 |
| Two roads in town......the main road and that other one. |
Beautiful photography, Kate! Thank you for capturing the essence of so many incredible experiences! I can somewhat follow you along Rt. 1, but these are excellent views.
ReplyDelete