Sunday, April 10, 2016

Two Nights in Moab, or Gatlinburg in the west.

Friday, we got in about 5 PM after an interesting drive from Denver.  We shared the first impression that the place reminded us of nothing so much as it did of Gatlinburg, Tennessee. There were the same shops, restaurants and crowds, America on vacation. The only real difference was that one doesn’t see “four-wheelers” in Gatlinburg, and they were ubiquitous in Moab. It really looked as though you were required to have either a stripped-down four-wheeler or two dirt bikes to get into town. I’m not sure why we were allowed in.
The next morning, we drove the short distance from town to the entrance of Arches National Park. It appeared that a lot of folks had the same idea:


Despite my fears about heavy traffic in the park, it really wasn’t an issue. We had a wonderful drive with minimum hassle. Here are some photos, and they are but a small sampling of the wonders of the park. 






























No comments:

Post a Comment

Since I've opened up the blog, I'm going to review comments before I let them go public.