Saturday, April 9, 2016

Over the Rockies


Last night, we stayed in a motel in Aurora. I lived in Aurora in 1964 and I couldn't help thinking about the changes in Denver and the changes in my life since I started my career in the Air Force in Denver, at Lowry Air Force Base 52 years ago. Denver, like me, was bright and shiny then, no smog and you could see the mountains every morning. That’s not true now, and I have to say the city looked rather grimy as we drove through it. I think I’ve held up better than the city has.

When we left Denver, we continued west on I-70----I’m beginning to see a trend here. Anyway, we drove west over the Rocky Mountains, past or through places you’ve heard about, like Vail and Breckenridge and Loveland Pass. We also drove through some you probably haven’t heard of, like Silt and Anvil Points, Rifle and Parachute. The scenery was quite nice, and the road generally first class. Just before we left the state of Colorado, we drove through a little known and unappreciated wonder called the Colorado National Monument.  Here are some pictures:










There’s not much I can say to follow up that. Stay tuned for Arches National Park…………..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since I've opened up the blog, I'm going to review comments before I let them go public.