The place we’re staying in San
Antonio, the Wyndham Riverside Suites, is
right beside the famous River Walk, The San Antonio River Walk is a public
park, open 365 days a year. It is a network of walkways along the banks of the
San Antonio River, one story beneath approximately 5 miles of downtown San
Antonio. Lined by bars, shops and restaurants, the River Walk is an
important part of the city's urban fabric and a tourist attraction in its own
right. Here are some pictures:
We had lunch at one of those restaurants,
a Mexican-themed place, where several obviously just graduated basic airmen and
their families were having lunch, all beaming and chatting and generally having
a good time. It was a pleasant, albeit noisy atmosphere. The (mostly) young
airmen were there because San Antonio is home to several Air Force bases,
including Lackland AFB, the Air Force’s basic training base for
recruits. See Lackland
Tomorrow, the Alamo!





No comments:
Post a Comment
Since I've opened up the blog, I'm going to review comments before I let them go public.