Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Is it spring, yet?

Today was not the perfect spring day as yesterday was, but it wasn't bad. Yesterday, I got out in the veggie garden and cleaned up the asparagus bed, clipping and pulling the leftover, dead stalks from last year's growth, getting it ready for this years, which will be along soon. I also added a soil amendment to feed the roots.

The tulips that Wendy and I planted last fall are coming up nicely, and I intercropped spinach with the tulips. I think that will work out fine, but if it doesn't, I'll do something different next year.

I was able to repair the deck umbrella today, avoiding a $500 replacement. That felt good.

Before I quit, I want to record the second angry letter I sent to Senator Mitch McConnell. This time, I sent the same letter to his partner-in-not governing, Senator Rand Paul. Here's the letter.......odd that I haven't had a response yet:

319 Adams Lane
Richmond, KY 40475
11 March 2015


The Honorable Mitch McConnell
317 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, DC  20510-1702

My Dear Senator:

I am shocked and appalled that you signed the egregious letter from some 47 Republican senators to the leaders of Iran. It is clear to me that you have put party dogma and personal ambition ahead of doing what is best for the United States of America. Your actions are a disgrace to you and to your high position in our government, as well as to the commonwealth of Kentucky.

You would be better served to find something constructive to do for our country, rather than to obstruct, corrupt and defy everything positive people are trying to accomplish. Neither you nor your party seems to have anything constructive to contribute to our nation; you can only condemn.

I am ashamed of you, sir.

Sincerely yours,

[Signed]


Carroll E. Gowins, LtCol, USAF (Ret)

Kate says I'm going to get the FBI after me, but I haven't seen any gray Chryslers yet, so maybe not.

1 comment:

  1. Hey-oh, how ye doin' then? I know I just popped in late, but wanted to wish you and yours a happy spring, such as it is. Spinach and tulips sound about as tasty as broccoli and honey, which might be good, who knows? I've never tried. It could keep away the predators.

    Good knockin' on the heads of idiots with your letter, I say. If only more people did the same, as in all people, we might have a non-violent revolution on our hands. Still and all, I'm ready for a revolution. There's one for the NSA.

    Be well, and keep the bees.

    ReplyDelete

Since I've opened up the blog, I'm going to review comments before I let them go public.