Monday, October 13, 2014
Digging in the Dirt
We're back home, and I'm playing in the dirt again. I've received a shipment of tulips that Breck, the Dutch folks, assure me will "come back" year after year. I decided to put them into one of our 4'X8' raised beds in the fenced-in vegetable garden, because we've learned the hard way that deer just love tulips. I dug out the bed to a depth of 15 inches, augmented the soil heavily, and planted the bulbs. There were 8 each of lavender, crimson and rose, each supposed to produce 6" blooms. I've started replacing the dirt, but my back went on strike, and now that it has recovered, I'm waiting for the weather to clear up enough to work in the yard. Such is the life of a farmer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Since I've opened up the blog, I'm going to review comments before I let them go public.