We chose to go to Nevada by way of Kansas and Colorado just because we'd driven the southern route many times and were rather bored with it. Our three-day stay in Las Vegas was uneventful. We stayed at a decent hotel, the Tuscany, somewhere off of the infamous strip, but not out in the burbs, either. Kate won about $10 playing the penny slots; that was more fun than the meetings.
The meeting was mostly boring, but I can remember that at my first meeting of the group, a couple of years ago, there was a lot of new information. Most of this meeting was still good information, but little of it was new this time.
The high points of the trip west were limited; the only thing that comes to mind is the drive through Rocky Mountain National Park, and the entire herd of Big Horn Sheep that tried to commit suicide by crossing the road in front of us ( I dodged 'em.) One other thing, though, was the beautiful scenery through Colorado and Utah. The aspens and other trees were glorious.
When we left Haughton, we continued east, headed to Hilton Head for a board meeting at Royal Dunes. As we droned along on I-16, headed toward Savannah, Georgia, traveling at some 73 mph, we were passed by 20 Lamborghini automobiles, each moving in excess of 100 mph. After I recovered from the shock that gave me, I phoned the police. The dispatcher with whom I spoke didn't believe me, but he reported the call. Some 20 minutes later, we passed the cars pulled off, dealing with the folks with blue lights on their cars.
We did the meeting at Hilton Head and made it home without other adventures. Stay tuned for further Frog Hollow Follies............
E





No comments:
Post a Comment
Since I've opened up the blog, I'm going to review comments before I let them go public.