Thursday, February 9, 2017

Chillin' on the Emerald Coast

We're spending some time on the Redneck Riviera this week. We're not doing anything special, just watching the ocean and the beach rats and catching up on our reading. We're staying at a nice place, the Emerald Grand........

We've got a nice, large unit facing the bay, but we've decided we prefer a unit on the other side, a harbor view. That's what we had the last time we were here, and it's much quieter. 
Here's a view from our balcony:
And here's a picture of the bridge where the traffic makes more noise than I like, even though we're on the 11th floor. That's Fort Walton Beach off in the distance. 
The next time we come here, I plan to be on the other side of the building, overlooking the harbor, not the bridge. There's more information on the resort here:Grande.

The area here, from Mobile Bay, east all along the coast until the land turns south, is known as the Emerald Coast, or, if you're feeling local, the Redneck Riviera. It has many qualities superior to other beach areas, including Hawaii: Views, food, prices, and most of all, that white sand. Check out this article: White Sand.
. 2016-02-05-1454688161-4596531-main.jpg

I'm not sure about the significance of the next item, but I report what I see. Maybe this one has to do with the ubiquitous "Spring Break" crowds that show up here, although that seems a limited audience for this one...........I discovered it in an advertisement  on the local 6:00 PM news: Secrets.


We leave for Hilton Head on Friday. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since I've opened up the blog, I'm going to review comments before I let them go public.