Monday, October 12, 2015

The Wedding Next Door

Saturday, the folks next door married off their daughter in grand style, in their back yard. 
We'd heard from them a couple of months ago when they asked permission to plant some things between them and our green barn, which they consider an eyesore--that's amusing, considering the disreputable condition in which they maintain their place. (True story: One day last summer, the gofer from the local Toyota dealership had picked me up to take me to the dealership to retrieve one of our cars. As we passed our neighbor's house, the driver pointed at it and asked, "Is that place abandoned?").

Anyway, they had some folks come in and clean up the area behind their house, not to include the weed patch next door to us, and they set up a marquee (that's a British term for a tent set up to house a party, I've learned from PBS TV), and a pretty little arch and lots of chairs. It turned into a rather fetching setting.


They also set up a portapottie and a couple of folks staying over the weekend camped out in the yard. I thought that was somewhat unusual, but practical, I suppose.







Finally, the bride and groom showed up and they did the deed. The family dog got into the act, too. He's just in front of the party of groomsmen in matching vests and blue jeans.

After the wedding, the party ran into the night and was capped off with rather lavish fireworks, an unusual feature, but enjoyed by all--me too. I wish the new couple every happiness,.

Stay tuned........

1 comment:

  1. It's rather heart-breaking and heartfelt all at once, when folks in less-than-affluent circumstances gather to put all they can into a celebration of love. I'm with you - I wish the young couple a long and happy life filled with love.

    I wish I could've seen the fireworks with you!

    ReplyDelete

Since I've opened up the blog, I'm going to review comments before I let them go public.