Saturday, September 19, 2015

Catching Up on Last Week

Kate and I were on the road last week; we made a quick run to Hilton Head Island for me to attend a meeting of the Board of Directors of Royal Dunes Resort. It was a fun, if uneventful trip. We left on Tuesday, 8 September, and were back home by Sunday. We got business taken care of and enjoyed seeing our friends there. Hilton Head, and indeed, the entire “low country” is a pleasant area and nice to see. Here are some photos……….







One of the many interesting things about Hilton Head Island (island in only the most restrictive sense of the word, since it is just barely an island, being separated from the mainland only by a stream and some tidal flats), is that it is so neat and tidy. Kate believes there are ambiance police who prohibit trash, tacky people and dirty cars. I think the standards on tacky people have been relaxed, but that's just me.

When we got home there was much to be done, most of it related to dealing with the lawn. Pete, our handy man, and I worked at it valiantly, and by the time we left this morning, the place was looking pretty good. But, I expect that when we get back in two weeks, it will need much more work. Maybe I'll get lucky and there'll be an early frost and I won't have to cut grass again this year........but I doubt it.




1 comment:

  1. You never know, it could happen! We've had some mid-40-degree nights over the past week, and rumors are of an even more difficult winter than we experienced last year. Time to drag out the Farmers' Almanac for a look-see :)

    ReplyDelete

Since I've opened up the blog, I'm going to review comments before I let them go public.